Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 1 Gymnastics Camp Crafts

Last year I got roped into volunteered to do crafts at Gymnastics camp.  Fun? Hot? Overwhelming? Exhausting? Heat exhaustion-type exhausting?  All of the above! 

So, of course, I did it again last week.



My campers ranged in age from 3 to 13 years.  There were over 45 campers, divided into 5 groups.  Group 4, the 12 boys, were a riot.  The challenge for me is to discover what kind of crafts are not unreasonable in expense, work in the timeframe, hopefully dry by 1 p.m., and can be made doable for preschoolers and highschoolers; boys and girls. 

For Day 1 (and Day 4!) I took a page from Earthgirl's 6th birthday party, a 70s shendig, and brought a spool of leather thong rope and a big container of pony beads.  Simplicity itself!



They were a hit with girls and boys. 




No comments:

Post a Comment