Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Copycat

Recently I discovered Artist/Illustrator Julia Marshall through a little head- up from Suzy's Sitcom.  Her whimsical cats and dogs are just the thing to capture the attention of our Sm'Arties.  On a recent dreary Tuesday, there was sunshine inside as the Sm'Arties went about imitating Ms. Marshall's style.




I have a kitty, and when she comes in from the rain, her ears look just like that.
We like the way her animals often have simple straight-line legs and tails.




This Sm'Artie started adding guinea pigs to his drawing sheet.


At our next class, I learned one Sm'Artie girl has been trying to draw all 50 Cats!


She's giving them all names.




I like Pound Cake Cat.


2 comments:

  1. Hi K-Sue,

    Thanks for sharing this - it made my week! I've blogged about your lesson on my own blog now too.
    You can see it at: http://alongwayfromlyddington.wordpress.com/2011/04/29/how-copy-cats-brightened-my-week/

    Thanks again,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete